If you received a court notice and 1 month behind on your rent, you may qualify for an emergency grant from our agency Community Assistance Network (CAN). Just give us a call for a consultation. Please have all forms of household income available, your total balance you owe (including court fees and late fees), and your court notice.
Recipients must be a Baltimore County resident and must qualify for the program in order to receive assistance. If you have questions or would like a consultation please call us at 410.285.4674 Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Documents Needed for Rental Assistance Appointment
1. All household members 18 and over must be present
2. ID’s for all household members 18 and over
Proof of replacement ID/DL accepted
3. SS Cards for all household members
Proof from Social Security Administration accepted
4. Income information for all household members
SSI, SSDI, TCA, Food Stamps, Section 8, Paystubs for last 30 days, child support, unemployment, or pension.
If no source of income, in some cases, a client may be able to submit a notarized letter to support lack of income.
5. Current Month Failure to pay notice (court order)
6. Money order of client payment amount and/or promissory notes from agencies assisting with payment
7. Current lease
8. Most recent Utility Bill
9. Documents supporting the need for assistance
Landlord letter of intent, eviction notice, homeless referral etc.