Community Assistance Network, Inc (CAN) provides emergency food to income eligible Baltimore County residents. The Emergency Food Package is meant only as a supplement and provides enough food for approximately 5 to 7 days.
CAN attempts to provide food from the major food groups so that each package is nutritionally balanced.
However, the contents of each package is dependent upon donations that we receive. Therefore, the contents of packages will vary from day to day. Depending on donations, we may have pet food, but it is never a guarantee.
The food pantry is located at CAN's headquarters:
7900 E. Baltimore Street, 21224 (Dundalk area)
Open Monday - Friday
9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
1:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Eligible recipients may receive emergency food only once every 30 days.
Documents Needed for Food Pantry Assistance
1. All household members 18 and over must be present
2. Current State ID for all household members 18 and over with Current Baltimore County address
Proof of replacement ID/DL accepted
Some other forms of ID accepted (Jail release ID, Hospital)
3. Social Security Cards for all household members
Proof of replacement from Social Security Administration receipt accepted
4. Income information for all household members
SSI, SSDI, TCA, Food Stamps, Section 8, Paystubs for last 30 days, child support, unemployment, or pension.
If no source of income, client will need to sign No income verification letter to support lack of income.
5. Current lease, Current BGE or Water bill with name and address
6. Authorized Power of Attorney or Proxy notarized letter from Client along with signed HMIS consent form
To contact the Food Pantry, call 410-285-4674 ext. 112.